If you are interested in joining Huron Playschool's morning, afternoon, or after school programs for 2018-2019 school year, please email the Playschool at: email@example.com
Once the Registrar has confirmed that there is space for your child, you will be invited to fill out the registration package and return it to Playschool with a deposit of one month's fees.
If your child is too young for our programs in 2018-2019 school year, or if there is no space available, the Registrar will contact you to confirm that you are on the waitlist and to invite you to our Annual Open House.
Fee Information 2018/19 School Year
Monthly Morning Fees (5 days/week) 450.00
Monthly Afternoon Fees (5 days/week) 400.00
- Monthly part-time fees are $80/day, i.e. $160 for 2 days, $240 for 3 days, $320 for 4 days/week. Drop-in rate $25/day (space permitting).
After School Fees (5 days/week) 375.00
- Monthly part-time fees are $95 for 1 day, $185 for 2 days, $270 for 3 days, $330 for 4 days/week. Drop- in rate is $20/day (space permitting).
Vulnerable Sector Screening Fee 20.00/person
- All co-op duty parents are required to have a clear police record check. The Playschool will send in the forms for the Toronto Police Services Vulnerable Sector Screening. If co-op duty parents already have a recent Vulnerable Sector Screening, they can show this to Playschool.
Participation Deposit 100.00
- This deposit is refunded after your family has participated in one of the three major school cleanings and has attended 3 General Members Meetings.
Non Co-op Fees
- Families are normally scheduled for 2 (in some months 3) shifts/month in the morning program. Families who do not do duty shifts will be required to pay $100 in additional fees each month. These fees will contribute to the cost of a regular staff member working your shift. If you are scheduled to co-op, but cannot, you may pay a casual staff in cash to work for you (we have one or two people on call). They are paid directly by you $45 cash each shift.
Deposit - Deposits are non-refundable.
- All families are required to provide Playschool with a deposit of one month’s fees. The deposit is credited to June fees. New families must pay the full deposit upon registration. Returning families must pay the deposit before June 1st.
There are two options for paying fees:
- In September each family must provide the Treasurer with a series of monthly post-dated cheques covering fees to the end of the school year.
- A family must set up an automatic electronic fee transfer on the 1st of every month to the Playschool email. A fee of $5.00 per day will be applied to any late payment. Full payment is required even if the child is ill or away from the school for any other reasons.
Families who cannot meet their financial commitments to the school during the year should initiate their own solutions or seriously consider withdrawing from the school. Any family which offers a NSF cheque, which has not been made good by the 15th of the month is considered in arrears and late payment fees will apply. Parents are responsible for any bank charges resulting from a NSF cheque.
Families withdrawing must give a minimum of 30 days written notice. Their June deposit will pay for the last month at Huron Playschool. Less than 30 days notice will result in the loss of the June deposit.